If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in the State of Florida, you may be facing severe injuries, physical pain, emotional distress, and financial hardships.
Often times the injuries received in a motorcycle accident are serious, long lasting and catastrophic because motorcycles do not provide riders with adequate protection from serious injuries like an automobile does.
The following is a collection of motorcycle accident-related statistics, according to data from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
- The failure of motorists to detect and recognize motorcycles in traffic is the predominating cause of motorcycle accidents.
- The driver of the other vehicle involved in collision with the motorcycle did not see the motorcycle before the collision, or did not see the motorcycle until too late to avoid the collision.
- 54% of all reported fatal motorcycle crashes occurring nationally in 2013 involved multiple vehicle crashes and 46% occurred in single-vehicle crashes.
- Five crash types account for 86% of fatal motorcycle crashes: motorcycle exiting the roadway (41%), motorcycle or other vehicle runs traffic control (18%), head-on collision with another vehicle (11%), car turns in front of motorcycle (8%), and motorcycle goes down in roadway (7%).
- Forty-three percent of deaths in single-vehicle motorcycle crashes in 2013 included drivers with blood alcohol concentration at or above 0.08%.
91% of motorcycle deaths in 2013 were males. 64% of the females who died in a motorcycle crash were passengers. 99% of males who died were drivers.
Free Legal Consultation
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident in the State of Florida, I can help you get your life back on track. Since 2001, I have been committed to helping accident victims and their families recover the fair financial compensation that they deserve under Florida State Law. Schedule a free initial consultation with me by calling my office at (561) 721-1600.
You Pay Nothing Up Front
The costs associated with hiring a personal injury lawyer are often a major concern for people who have been injured in a motorcycle accident and may be facing financial challenges or may be unable to work, which can make the process of hiring an attorney seem even more confusing and overwhelming. I represent accident victims on a contingency fee basis, which means you do not pay me a fee or any costs, until and unless I successfully resolve your case.